Top 10 Unreliable Networks
Top 10 less reliable networks than NSFnet's T3:
10. Cans tied together with string during a San Fran 8.5 earthquake.
9. The Arthritic's Morse Code net.
8. AT&&T's net during a transparent software upgrade.
7. Bouncing signals off satellite, orbiting asteroid near Alpha Centauri.
6. "Great Valleys Of The World"'s semaphore net.
5. Chain-packet net (every time you get a packet, send off two more).
4. Using carrier mackerel across the Sahara.
3. Single Side Band transmitted from ground zero of a thermonuclear explosion.
2. 100 monkeys sending at random (by chance, they'll eventually send the information you want sent).
1. L.A.'s smog signal net.
in the GNU Humor Collection.
The joke on this page was
obtained from the FSF's email
archives of the GNU Project.
The Free Software Foundation claims no copyright on this joke.