Zebra has been decommissioned, information below left just for historical purposes. Please see Quagga (forked from Zebra years ago), which is actively maintained.
What is Zebra?
Zebra is a multi-server routing software which provides TCP/IP based routing protocols. Zebra turns your machine into a full powered router. Some of the features of Zebra include:
- Common routing protocols such as RIP, OSPF, BGP supported.
- IPv6 routing protocols such as RIPng and BGP-4+ supported.
- User can dynamically change configuration from terminal interface.
- User can use command line completion and history in terminal interface.
- IP address based filtering, AS path based filtering, attribute modification by route map are supported.
Additional information about Zebra can be found at http://www.zebra.org/.
Zebra runs on these operationg systems:
Zebra runs on common IPv6 stack:
- GNU/Linux 2.2 IPv6
- NRL IPv6
- INRIA IPv6
Zebra is in development stage and there is no release in the past. You can get Zebra snapshot from ftp://ftp.zebra.org/pub/zebra/. and if you want to access really latest souce code, please get it from CVS respository.
- For general discussion of Zebra there is a mailing list <email@example.com>. if you want to be subscribed to the Zebra mailing list please send 'subscribe zebra' in the message body to our majordomo <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- To contact the maintainers of Zebra, either to report a bug or to contribute fixes or improvements, send mail to <email@example.com>.
- If you want to develop new routing protocols or make major contribution to Zebra, please contact to the author of Zebra: Kunihiro Ishiguro <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
The latest Zebra codes are in CVS respository. Below is the steps to access Zebra CVS repository.
Set up CVSROOT environment variable.
CVSROOT=:pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot export CVSROOT
Logging in to the CVS server.
cvs login [Password](Please input anoncvs)
Then you can access to Zebra CVS respository.
cvs checkout zebra
will extract Zebra codes.
Once you have done above steps, there is no need of doing it again. To sync up with the latest codes, you only invoke cvs update command in the zebra directory.
Please enjoy with Zebra.