GNU Hackers Meeting 2009
An international meeting of GNU hackers (maintainers and active contributors) which took place in Gothenburg (Sweden), 11-13 November 2009.
The theme of the meeting was the continued advancement of the GNU system. We wanted to encourage discussion and talks on the following topics:
- New challenges for software freedom and the GNU system
- Technical goals for the future
- Organisational development
Videos are available in Ogg Theora format via Bittorrent using the links below.
Small videos are 480x360 (file size 100-400MB), large videos are 640x480 (file size 300MB-1GB). The talks are about 1 hour in length.
- Dynamic Languages
(Group photo, courtesy of Adriaan de Groot, FSF Europe - mouseover for names)
- Henrik Sandklef (GNU Xnee) - local organizer (FSCONS)
- Werner Koch (GnuPG)
- Paolo Bonzini (GNU Smalltalk)
- Jose E. Marchesi (GNU PDF)
- Andy Wingo (GNU Guile)
- Alfred M. Szmidt (HURD, glibc, inetutils)
- Bruno Haible (GNU gnulib, GNU libunistring)
- Brian Gough (GNU Scientific Library)
- Viktor Lindberg (Free Social Networking)
- Nacho Gonzalez (GNU Chapters system administration)
- Luca Saiu (GNU Epsilon)
- Ludovic Courtès (GNU Guile)
- Eelco Dolstra (Nix Package Manager)
- Sylvain Beucler (Savannah)
- Juan Pedro Bolívar Puente (GNU Jump, GNU Psychosynth)
- Grégoire Détrez (INRIA)
- Simon Josefsson (GNU TLS)
- Claudio Fontana (GNU Source Installer)
- Patrik Lembke (gNewSense)
- Lowe Schmidt
The meeting took place on Wed 11 - Fri 13 November 2009 (GHM) and Sat 14 - Sun 15 (FSCONS) in Gothenburg, Sweden at the IT University. The meeting was held during the three days prior to the FSCONS free software conference (organised by FSF Europe, Creative Commons and Wikimedia).
For more information see the email@example.com mailing list at http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/ghm-discuss
Follow the GHM news feed for news about future meetings.