GNU fontopia is an easy-to-use, text-based, console font editor. You can edit the fonts that your GNU/Linux kernel is using to display your text on text-based (vs graphical) terminals.
fontopia can be found on the main GNU ftp server: http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/fontopia/ (via HTTP) and ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/fontopia/ (via FTP). It can also be found on the GNU mirrors; please use a mirror if possible.
Documentation for fontopia is available online, as is documentation for most GNU software. You may also find more information about fontopia by running info fontopia or man fontopia, or by looking at /usr/share/doc/fontopia/, /usr/local/doc/fontopia/, or similar directories on your system. A brief summary is available by running fontopia --help.
fontopia has the following mailing lists:
- bug-fontopia is used to discuss most aspects of fontopia, including development and enhancement requests, as well as bug reports.
- help-fontopia is for general user help and discussion.
Security reports that should not be made immediately public can be sent directly to the maintainer. If there is no response to an urgent issue, you can escalate to the general security mailing list for advice.
Development of fontopia, and GNU in general, is a volunteer effort, and you can contribute. For information, please read How to help GNU. If you'd like to get involved, it's a good idea to join the discussion mailing list (see above).
- Test releases
- Trying the latest test release (when available) is always appreciated. Test releases of fontopia can be found at http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/fontopia/ (via HTTP) and ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/fontopia/ (via FTP).
- For development sources, issue trackers, and other information, please see the fontopia project page at savannah.gnu.org.
- Translating fontopia
- To translate fontopia's messages into other languages, please see the Translation Project page for fontopia. If you have a new translation of the message strings, or updates to the existing strings, please have the changes made in this repository. Only translations from this site will be incorporated into fontopia. For more information, see the Translation Project.
- fontopia is currently being maintained by Mohammed Isam <firstname.lastname@example.org> Please use the mailing lists for contact.
fontopia is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.