GNU InklingReader is an attempt to create a GNU/Linux-friendly version of the Wacom Inkling SketchManager. Instead of integrating with proprietary programs, this program aims to be compatible with free software alternatives like Inkscape.
The program can:
- Display WPI files
- Merge WPI files (command-line only)
- Export to Inkscape SVG (preserving layers), PDF, PNG and JSON
- Convert all WPI files in a directory to SVG
- Automatically use different colors when the "new layer" is pressed multiple times.
- Give control over stroke pressure.
- Export timing information in JSON.
- Interact with the timeline of your drawing
Currently, version 0.8 is available as a test release.
Unfortunately the documentation is not (yet) ready. The program should be pretty straightforward to use. The documentation is in progress.
InklingReader has the following mailing lists:
- bug-inklingreader is used to discuss most aspects of InklingReader, including development and enhancement requests, as well as bug reports.
- inklingreader-discuss is for general user help and discussion.
Security reports that should not be made immediately public can be sent directly to the maintainer. If there is no response to an urgent issue, you can escalate to the general security mailing list for advice.
Development of InklingReader, and GNU in general, is a volunteer effort, and you can contribute. For information, please read How to help GNU. If you'd like to get involved, it's a good idea to join the discussion mailing list (see above).
- Test releases
- Trying the latest test release (when available) is always appreciated. Test releases of InklingReader can be found at http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/inklingreader/ (via HTTP) and ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/inklingreader/ (via FTP).
- For development sources, issue trackers, and other information, please see the InklingReader project page at savannah.gnu.org.
- Translating InklingReader
- To translate InklingReader's messages into other languages, please see the Translation Project page for InklingReader. If you have a new translation of the message strings, or updates to the existing strings, please have the changes made in this repository. Only translations from this site will be incorporated into InklingReader. For more information, see the Translation Project.
- InklingReader is currently being maintained by Roel Janssen. Please use the mailing lists for contact.
InklingReader is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.