GNU Bucks Recipients
People who find and report about information for practical use in one of
our listed free
distributions that don't follow
for inclusion can earn GNU
Bucks. Here's a list of everyone who has earned a GNU Buck so far:
Marco Oliva sent a report about nonfree demos
included in the mesademos package.
He also brought attention to some nonfree source code files in
the boinc server. We would also like to thank Benedikt
Ahrens for his help in getting that bug resolved.
- Vicente Herrera filed a bug about a script to
download nonfree fonts in texlive packages.
- Wei Mingzhi let us know about nonfree sound code
- Leonardo Gastón De Luca brought our
attention to the bnetd and pvpgn packages, which are only useful in
conjunction with nonfree client software.
- Felipe Corrêa da Silva Sanches
and Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva sent a report that
the kile package recommended using nonfree software in some
- Aitor Ruano Miralles filed a bug demonstrating
that some free browsers would suggest using nonfree plug-ins when
viewing certain pages.
- James Taylor showed that several nonfree packages
snuck into one of the distributions.
- Jason Self found a nonfree script in a larger
- Franquet Loic reported that conky was configured
to work with nonfree software in one distribution.
- Ben Sturmfels put in a heads-up about a nonfree
package that snuck into one of the free distributions.
- Ananda Samaddar let us know that one distribution
included graphical interfaces for a nonfree media viewer system.
- Andrea Lazzarotto reported that a p7zip package
suggested nonfree software in one distribution.
- Aditya Som filed a bug about nonfree software
recommendations in VirtualBox.