GNU's Webmasters Past and Present
These people are, or have been at some stage,
webmasters of www.gnu.org.
If you see something you would like added to, or changed, on this
web site, please contact us at
send other questions to
We are always looking for comments and are open to suggestions.
- This place is reserved for your name, if you join our
team of webmasters. If you'd like to join us as a webmaster,
complete the webmaster quiz.
- Is the current GNU web translation manager and
translation teams coordinator.
- Andias T. Wira Alam
- Andias is a volunteer GNU webmaster and computer
science student. He also works at the University as
GNU/Linux System Administrator.
- Baishampayan Ghose
- Baishampayan is a volunteer GNU Webmaster from
- Cesar J. Alaniz
- Cesar is a volunteer GNU webmaster and student.
- Christiano is a GNU Project webmaster and Free Software
- Chris M. Simon
- Free Software hacker and activist, volunteer GNU webmaster.
- Corey is a GNU Project webmaster and lives in Boston,
D. E. Evans (aka sinuhe)
- Sinuhe is described as brusque by rms, so beware. He
is dedicated to free software and served as Chief
Webmaster after John Paul.
- Dmitri Alenitchev
- Dmitri is a GNU webmaster and a free software
programmer from Russia.
Alfert <ealfert at
rootmode dot com>
- Edward has been using GNU software for over nine
years. He is giving back to the community by volunteering
as a GNU Project webmaster and designing GNU graphics.
- Exal de Jesus
Garcia Carrillo <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Exal is a GNU project webmaster, he tries to convince
the people around him to use free software and follow the
GNU philosophy, he also works with the spanish
Iacomella <yaco at gnu.org>
- Franco is the argentinian GNU Webmaster, he is also
envolved in others areas of the project related with
administration, licences and education.
- Gaz is a volunteer GNU webmaster, and GNU/Linux user
since around 1997.
- Hatem Hossny
- Was a GNU webmaster and Arabic translation team co-leader.
- Is a Computer & Communications Engineer, and was a
GNU webmaster and a member of Arabic translation team.
Hossny <hossam at gnu dot
- Was a webmaster, and the maintainer of the mirrors
- James Taylor
- Is a GNU Webmaster and comp sci student.
- James Turner <email@example.com>
- James is a volunteer GNU webmaster and free software
Paul Wallington <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Is a webmaster, and was chief webmaster after Brett
- Joakim (a.k.a. Jocke) is a Swedish webmaster.
- Is the Executive Director of the FSF, a GNU webmaster and was
chief webmaster after Derek Chen-Becker until Matt
- Jonas is a volunteer GNU webmaster, hobbyist
programmer, GNU/Linux user and computer science
- Jorge Barrera
- Jorge is a chilean GNU Project webmaster and works as
a GNU/Linux and Windows systems administrator in
- Justin Pence
- Is a webmaster for the GNU Project.
- Leo Jackson
- Volunteers on GNU Project WWW,
Ogg Sites listing.
- Luis F.
- Luis is a GNU Project webmaster; he is also a free
- Luis M.
- Formerly administered web pages written in other
languages apart from English. Also coordinated the
translation efforts until he retired in 2003.
He volunteers since 1999 and lives currently in Germany.
Occasionally gives speeches about free software.
- Mark Par <email@example.com>
- Mark is a GNU Project webmaster.
Hatta (a.k.a. mhatta) <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Was the chief GNU translation coordinator, who
web translation efforts into other languages apart
from English, after Luis M. Arteaga. He is one of the GNU
- Matt Lee
- Was the Chief Webmaster for the GNU Project from 2005 to 2008, when he took a role at the Free Software Foundation.
- Rob Myers, GNU
Chief Webmaster, 2008-2010
- Rob Myers is an artist and programmer who has been
involved in free software and free culture for over a
and art is copyleft,
and he held an
exhibition in Belgrade in 2005.
- Michael was recruited for webmaster duty by RMS.
- Miguel Vázquez
- GNU webmasters working with XHTML validation for
www.gnu.org. Also he is a member of GNU Spanish
Translation Team and he is working in his country
(Mexico) promoting the GNU philosophy.
- Miquel Puigpelat
- Works on the translation into Catalan of the GNU
webpages and coordinates the Catalan translation team. He
also maintains a personal site about free software and related
- A spanish developer and GNU webmaster.
- Neelakanth Nadgir
- worked as a webmaster for www.gnu.org.
- Ofer Waldman (a.k.a the duke)
<the_duke at intermail.co.il>
- was a GNU project web
translations co-coordinator and backup person with
- Pablo Palazon <ppalazon@gnu
- He's student in computer science, and GNU
- Paul Visscher
- Bkuhn recruited paulv to be a GNU and FSF Webmaster.
After six months webmastering, Paul took over the
position of Chief Webmaster from Jonas Öberg.
- Prashant Srinivasan
- Is a webmaster for the GNU
website, he also does other miscellaneous things around
the site :-).
- He is the GNU Emacs w32 FAQ
maintainer recruited by RMS, and GNU Project Webmaster
from Bangalore, India. You can reach him at
<ramprasad at gnu period org>
- Ray P.
- Ray was a GNU Project webmaster, among other
- Reed Loden <email@example.com>
- Reed is a volunteer GNU Webmaster, an Associate
Member of the FSF,
and a programmer of free
- Founded the GNU Project, and is the President of the
Free Software Foundation. He also works on the web
- Robert Musial
- Musial is a GNU Webmaster, an Associate
Member of the FSF since
2003, and a programmer of free software.
- Sam Marx <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sam is a GNU Project webmaster.
- Shailesh Ghadge
- GNU Webmaster
- Steve Hoeg
- Steve is a GNU Project webmaster and free software
- Steven Richards <email@example.com>
- Steven is a GNU Project webmaster and a free software
developer from Seattle.
- Thorsten is a GNU Project webmaster; he is also a
Debian GNU/Linux developer.
Varghese Cherian <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Vivek Varghese Cherian, is a mechanical engineer from
Cochin, India. He was a GNU project webmaster.
- Wacław Jacek <email@example.com>
- Webmastering the GNU since 2010.