Tasks to do for www.gnu.org
Here are many possible tasks for improving the GNU web pages.
If you would like to help with one of them, please e-mail
BEFORE you do any work on them.
Investigate how www.gnu.org could provide better accessibility to
all regardless of disability.
- A good place to start is the
- Other resources on and off the web could also be checked.
- People at or near MIT could check with MIT's
Adaptive Technology for
Information and Computing in person.
- People who have access to similar centers at other schools,
organizations, and companies could check with them.
- Disabled users of the web could also be interviewed, and perhaps
even added to the webmasters team for this task and others.
- We are looking for people to volunteer to convert documentation
from various formats to the
format. This is something we need
occasionally. We would like to have a list of people we could ask
on these occasions. If you want to volunteer, please send mail to
- Rewrite the various philosophy pages in
convert to HTML using texi2html.
They could then be easily included in:
- the /gnu/GNUinfo
- the etc/ subdirectory of the GNU Emacs distribution
- in the GNU system's Info tree
- other useful locations.
Writing Web Pages
Help is needed
broken links. There are numerous
so please do not break these in your repair efforts. Time and
care is needed to track down broken links, and in most
cases find suitable replacements. Please ensure that our
is followed in finding replacements.
GNU web pages from English into other languages. You can either
join an existing translation team, or form a new one. Check the