Tasks to do for www.gnu.org
Here are many possible tasks for improving the GNU web pages. If you would like to help with one of them, please e-mail <email@example.com> BEFORE you do any work on them.
Investigate how www.gnu.org could provide better accessibility to all regardless of disability.
- A good place to start is the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI).
- Other resources on and off the web could also be checked.
- People at or near MIT could check with MIT's Adaptive Technology for Information and Computing in person.
- People who have access to similar centers at other schools, organizations, and companies could check with them.
- Disabled users of the web could also be interviewed, and perhaps even added to the webmasters team for this task and others.
- We are looking for people to volunteer to convert documentation from various formats to the Texinfo format. This is something we need occasionally. We would like to have a list of people we could ask on these occasions. If you want to volunteer, please send mail to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- Rewrite the various philosophy pages in Texinfo and convert to HTML using texi2html. They could then be easily included in:
Writing Web Pages
- Write web pages for GNU programs that lacks web pages on our server or whose web pages are obsolete using our software boilerplate as a template. Also read our software page standards.
- Help is needed repairing broken links. There are numerous symlinks, so please do not break these in your repair efforts. Time and care is needed to track down broken links, and in most cases find suitable replacements. Please ensure that our linking policy is followed in finding replacements.